About this episode
Everyone has an opinion on the modern data stack. What’s in it? What’s out? What’s the cool new buzzy technology? Unfortunately, it’s often the most important question that people fail to ask: How are your tools delivering value?
In this episode, Tim, Juan, and Sarah Krasnik get back to first principles and remind us why everyone was excited about the modern data stack to begin with.
This episode features
- How to think about “minimum viable data stack” vs. modern data stack
- Criteria for evaluating the minimum viability of data tools
- You once compared data self-service to shopping for frozen yogurt. Defend your most controversial frozen yogurt take.
- Data needs to be actionable as possible.
- Data people are focusing less on infrastructure.
- IT’S NOT ABOUT THE TOOLS, IT’S ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED TO DO.