About this episode
Where does this data come from? Who created it? How has it been used? Like the origins of the universe, there can be quite a mystery surrounding the genesis of your company’s datasets. Understanding data provenance is the first step in answering those critical questions.
Join Tim, Juan, and Professor Deborah McGuinness of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, renowned AI scientist and pioneer in provenance research to discuss data provenance and why it matters to you.
This episode features
- The origin story and evolution of data provenance
- Provenance standards every data person should know
- Which fictional character has the best origin story
- Focus on use cases: provenance is no different from other data initiatives
- Be thoughtful about what provenance information you keep, what impact it has, and who has ownership or responsibility for it
- Combine domain knowledge with provenance, and go a step beyond lineage
Professor & Chair, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute