About this episode
New data tools drop daily, but are they worth the hype? Some launch with overinflated expectations, while others solve a problem that doesn’t really exist. On the flip side, there are tools that transform the enterprise and have the potential to change the way we do data forever. The question is, how can you tell the difference?
Special guest Erik Bernhardsson, formerly with Better.com and Spotify, joins Tim and Juan for a conversation on data tools; the good, bad and the ugly.
This episode features
- An overview of data tool types and who they serve
- How to define “good, bad and ugly”
- What’s your favorite spaghetti western movie?
- Observe: get to know your team and their existing workflows
- Tools: what is in your tech stack, and what do people want to use?
- ROI: focus on key business outcomes and objectives