About this episode
It’s not easy being a “data leader.” For one, you have to advocate for good data practices at your company. But you may also feel a strong desire to create your own brand on social media and at conferences. With the constant noise, posturing, and rigorous debate over every facet of data and analytics, this can be daunting. And sometimes, you feel like an imposter.
In this episode, Tim and Juan are joined by Steve Perry, Director of Data and Analytics at Genius Sports, to talk about the challenges that rising data leaders face, and how to block out the noise, and chart your path to success.
This episode features
- How to get over your fear of saying something stupid in a public square
- Success metrics for data leaders
- What’s an awkward conversation you’ve walked into and quickly realized you don’t belong?
- Even if you may be wrong… people are willing to help you out.
- Problems in data are cultural ones. Products don’t solve the problems.
- Confidence can be well placed, it can be misplaced. It alone isn’t enough.