About this episode
Everyone – including us – wants to talk about how to get value from your data, but the truth is you can’t even get your data program off the ground without policy. Policies guide our decisions, our access controls, and even our data supply chains. But can policy make us more productive?
In this special episode, Tim and Juan are joined by Nong Li, CEO of Okera, to discuss why and how the data world should be thinking about policies.
This episode features
- How to think about policy as it relates to GDPR, CCPA, and the right to be forgotten
- The impact of the modern data stack on data policy
- One of the lyrics In the 1990 Depeche Mode song, “Policy of Truth,” is “Never again Is what you swore, the time before.” What’s something you swore you’d never do again, but did it anyway?
- The amount of policies can’t be proportional to the amount of data
- Get access to data more quickly and in a compliant way
- Seatbelts are for driving faster