Across industries, verticals, disciplines, and geographies, there is a burning desire to be data-driven.
Easier said than done though. In the most recent NewVantage Partners Big Data & AI Executive Survey (2021), only 24% of companies consider themselves data-driven. That’s down from 37.1% in 2017.
The market is filled with data tools, not solutions. And tools alone cannot deliver value you seek from your data.
A sustainable approach
That’s where agile data governance comes in. Agile data governance is all about creating and improving data assets by iteratively capturing knowledge as data producers and consumers work together so that everyone can benefit. It’s a foundational step on the road to a data-driven culture.
To get there, you need to consider five key areas in your business:
- Roles: data producers and consumers from across your business who can interact and work with data
- Workflows: streamlined, centralized, and accessible processes
- Technology: arm your team with tools for data governance, data catalog, and DataOps
- Impact: always connect back to your business’ bottom line and broader ROI
- Culture: make agile data governance a part of your DNA that touches all aspects of data work
Wondering how well you’re doing? We just launched our self-service Agile Data Governance Assessment tool, in collaboration with GigaOm. It only takes a few minutes to complete, and when you’re done, we’ll share some recommendations on how to improve your score.
Try it out now, and get in touch with us if you’re eager to learn more.