About this episode
If data is the new oil, does that mean the Chief Data Officer is the new baron? Not exactly, but it is one of the fastest growing and most critical executive roles in the enterprise. Not all CDO roles, or organizations are created equal. In fact, in many ways this position is still being defined.
In this episode, Tim and Juan welcome special guest Mohammed Aaser, CDO at McKinsey & Company, the world’s largest management consulting firm. We’ll discuss the unique responsibilities and challenges for a CDO in an increasingly data-driven economy. Plus, we’ll learn how the firm builds and maintains its thriving data culture.
This episode features
- How a CDO drives critical value for the business
- Future trends and potential disruptions in the data space
- Who would make a better CDO, Tim or Juan?
- Be a data entrepreneur, and consider innovation, technology, and enablement
- You must evangelize a data-driven culture, and build a cross-functional data community
- Take a persona-based approach, and empathize with the different needs that exist
Chief Data Officer, McKinsey & Company
Mentioned in this episode
Start first with a mindset of building momentum, using and delivering the highest impact insights to the consumers, which are your largest persona within the organization.