About this episode
Self-service is great for listening to music, pumping gas, and figuring out what to binge watch on TV. But is self-service really what we want from our analytics? What happens to the business world when everyone is a data analyst?
Tim, Juan, and special guest Cindi Howson, chief data strategy officer at ThoughtSpot and host of The Data Chief Podcast explore the positives and potential downsides of data democratization and how to drive data cultures that bias for good.
This episode features
- How BI in the enterprise evolved from the domain of the few to a tool for the many
- Why change management is critical for improving data cultures
- What’s something that’s not self-service today but probably should be?
- Powerpoint is a place for data to die. And a place to make it lie.
- Search as a means to get into data.
- Culture and technology problems are really two sides of the same coin.