data.world makes data and analysis…
Findable and accessible with natural-language search that knows what you want
Trusted and up-to-date so your reports are always on point
Connected and in-context using linked data to answer tough questions
Reusable and portable so analysts can focus on new insights, not redundant work
Collaborative and actionable so teams can work on projects in real-time
Can your data catalog do this?
All your knowledge
data.world gives you complete context, so you actually understand the data, whether it’s in the cloud or on-prem. This includes metadata, dashboards, analysis, code, docs, project management, and social collaboration features.
Born in the cloud
We’ve been cloud-native from day one. Our multi-tenant offerings are highly available, scale bigger, perform better, and evolve faster.
data.world is the only enterprise data catalog with a continuous release cycle. That means our platform is always getting better, and your data tools are never out of date. To access the latest features and capabilities, just refresh your browser.
Powered by a knowledge graph
data.world automatically builds a connected web of data and insights so you can explore the relationships within. Get recommendations on related assets to enrich your analysis. The more you use data.world’s patented knowledge graph technology, the smarter you and your data get.
data.world built the world’s largest open data community. Imagine what we’ve learned from hundreds of thousands of users, datasets, and interactions. This deep and unrivaled knowledge informs everything we do for enterprises, too.
The catalog for metadata and data management
Most catalogs focus on metadata management and governance. Important as those capabilities are, they don’t address the full scope of what an enterprise data catalog can and should do. Built on an enterprise knowledge graph and data virtualization platform, data.world delivers powerful search and discovery capabilities along with self-service analytics and collaboration, so your entire workforce can be data-enabled. Our catalog-as-a-service platform makes it easy for IT and business users to get more from data.
The catalog that says, “I got this”
data.world is a fully managed service, born in the cloud, and optimized for modern data architectures. That means we handle all updates, migrations, and maintenance. Set up is fast and simple with a large and growing ecosystem of pre-built integrations including all of the major cloud data warehouses. When time-to-value is critical, your team needs to solve real business problems, not fight with hard-to-manage data software.
The catalog for understandable data
To tackle complex data governance and compliance challenges, you need to gain control of all your data assets, wherever they live. And with hefty million-plus-dollar fines for noncompliance, you can’t afford to wait on lengthy, costly software installs, upgrades, and patches. data.world’s SaaS data catalog is quick to deploy and easier to use, so you can inventory and understand all your data and metadata assets and act on a clear, informed data strategy.
Inventory, curate, and govern all your data and metadata
Quickly and easily connect to and catalog data from any source including on-prem and cloud databases, business intelligence dashboards and reports, filesystems, shared drives, SaaS tools, APIs, and more.
- Tag and classify assets and certify for use via approval workflows, leveraging machine learning to get — and stay — organized
- Edit related assets in bulk for quick, efficient updates that keep everything aligned
- Identify the highest and lowest-demand data resources and top contributors
- Perform detailed data troubleshooting and impact analysis with high-level and technical lineage of tables, columns, views, queries, transforms, additions, edits, and more
Find and access data and analysis the moment you need it
Search, explore, and understand data across disparate sources to find and reproduce prior analysis and reports built by your analyst teams.
- Data virtualization connectors provide instant access to cloud data warehouses and on-premises data stores
- Explore, understand, and join data with powerful cross-platform query
- Full SQL and SPARQL support and training to improve your skills
Improve data scientist and analyst productivity
Focus on new ideas and insights rather than recreating models and reports. Publish knowledge assets with connected data, documentation, and analysis, making it easy for others to reuse and reproduce.
- Save and share data queries, document data, methodology, analysis, and findings
- Version every step for history, context, and reproducibility
- Keep peers up to date with real-time alerts and newsfeed updates
Empower people, teams, and organizations with data
Get started quickly, stay up-to-date with the latest features, and scale your team and projects as business needs demand. Our UX is designed for your full team with Google-like search, Slack-like collaboration, and Amazon-like data fulfillment and governance.
- Track team activity and trends and find relevant content via active newsfeed
- Create and apply business descriptions and technical definitions, so everyone understands data in the same way
- Collaborate in real-time with teammates and subject matter experts
Connect your vast data ecosystem
Get more from your existing data management stack, improve workflows and business processes, and build powerful new apps. Or assemble your modern data architecture. Bring metadata into data.world via our easy-deploy collection agent, API, file transfer, or import from an existing catalog, governance, or metadata management solution
- Growing ecosystem of 50+ enterprise tool integrations across the entire data lifecycle
- Use our comprehensive webhooks for real-time, event-driven integration notifications
- Build and connect custom apps with the same API that powers our 3rd party integration gallery
Download PDF Version
Make it easier for your colleagues to learn about data.world’s modern catalog for data and analysis with this downloadable PDF.
Looking for data?
Join our open data community
Reports & Tools
Expert guidance and useful tools from the people behind data.world.