data.world support policy
Last Updated: July 2019
data.world is committed to providing an outstanding member experience and taking every opportunity to learn from our community. Essential to that is providing support to members as they’re using the data.world platform. This document outlines our support hours, channels, scope, and preventative measures.
data.world support offers 8×5 coverage. Our hours are 9am – 5pm Central Time, Monday – Friday, excluding US Holidays listed below. Support requests may be submitted at any time through the channels outlined in this document.
The data.world platform itself is monitored 24×7 as outlined in this document. Current status can be found at status.data.world.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Indigenous People’s Day
- Election Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
Channels for requesting support
The data.world support team exclusively monitors tickets from the following channels:
- The help portal at help.data.world – submit a request or sign-in using your data.world credentials to view your past tickets.
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter via @ddwhelp
While the data.world support team only actively monitors and responds to the official channels listed above, a number of channels exist to connect the data.world community for support and discussion. Community channels with active participation from data.world team include:
- data.world Slack community – request an invite at https://slack.data.world/
- Twitter via @datadotworld
Please remember that the data.world team may participate in community channels, but there is no guarantee of response for support issues unless they are submitted through one of the official channels outlined.
Scope of support coverage
Data.world will provide support limited to the following scope of services. Issues outside of this scope will be reviewed and handled best as we can, with no guarantees of successful resolution.
- General questions and feedback related to the data.world platform.
- Reproducible issues occuring on the data.world platform.
- Account management and access assistance.
- Questions related to the data.world APIs or Integrations.
- Questions related to SQL or SPARQL queries on data.world.
- Best practices from the data.world community and customers.
- Recommendations and support for connecting data sources to data.world.
Data.world will not cover:
- Dataset sourcing requests. While we would love to help all of our members find the exact data they’re looking for, if it’s not on the data.world platform, we unfortunately don’t have the resources to track it down.
- Fixing issues within 3rd party integrations. In most cases we don’t have access to 3rd-party integration codebases, so data.world will help to troubleshoot any issues to rule out our ability to fix it and report confirmed issues to 3rd-party integration owners.
- Troubleshooting custom scripts or applications built on top of the data.world platform, outside of the data.world API calls.
data.world employs multiple services to monitor our systems and applications 24×7 for problems and anomalous activity. In the event of any issue affecting data.world’s applications, supporting servers, or databases, on call members of our Operations and Engineering teams will be notified and respond immediately to diagnose and address any issues.