Start your data catalog evaluation
Get expert guidance on how to understand the market and use our RFI template to ask the right questions.
Knowledge Graph for Better Data Work
Learn about what knowledge graphs are, how they work, and why they should be the foundation of your data catalog.
Looking for the Free Open Data Community?
What does data.world do?
data.world is the enterprise data catalog for the modern data stack. Our cloud-native SaaS platform combines a consumer-grade user experience with a powerful knowledge graph to deliver enhanced data discovery, agile data governance, and actionable insights. Visit our product overview and watch our video demos to learn more.
What is a data catalog?
A data catalog is a metadata management tool that companies use to inventory and organize the data within their systems. Typical benefits include improvements to data discovery, governance, and access.
Unite and Discover
- Inventory data and analysis from the cloud, on-prem databases, tools, and teams
- Connect data, metadata, and documentation
- Unify search and discovery across your data ecosystem
Govern And Access
- Secure access with fine-grained permissions for data viewing, editing, and publishing
- Track provenance and lineage automatically
- Connect to your governance and compliance systems
Collaborate and connect
Make it easy for diverse teams to work together on data projects. Let everyone use the tools they know and love so they can contribute fully, share results in context, and capture lineage across tools, teams, and data sources.
- Access and work with data on-prem, in the cloud, and everywhere in between
- Use 50+ pre-built integrations, and build your own with flexible APIs
- Stay in the loop with activity feeds and alerts
Reproduce and reuse
- Document sources, contributors, and analysis to build trust and transparency as you work
- Reuse and adapt prior data work to give your teams a head start
- Improve data literacy by making best practices easy to replicate
What customers say.
“As a person who’s working in the day-to-day depth of what we’re doing here, I really enjoy working with the data.world team. It’s truly a one team approach and the prototype for how all such providers should strive to act. It’s been a pleasure.”
— Bret Harper, Chief Data Officer at Choreograph
The Associated Press
— Troy Thibodeaux, Interactive Newsroom Technology Editor at the Associated Press
— Karen Bellin, VP Data and Analytics at Mirum
Customers, analysts, and press agree on data.world
Named the highest scoring Challenger in the Magic Quadrant for Metadata Management, 2020
Top scoring current offering in Forrester Wave for Machine Learning Data Catalogs, 2020
100% recommendation rate from our customers
Austin’s Best Places
to Work, 2015-2020
Stay up to date.
Check out our recent articles, tools, and reports.
When it comes to search and discovery, no one serves up better results than Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Netflix. Sure, they have big budgets and some of the brightest minds in tech on the payroll, but those aren’t the only reasons they’re successful. It’s also...
Modern Data Project Checklist
Want effective, consistent, fast data projects company-wide? Start with this checklist.
Enterprise Data Tech Stack Audit
Each team and role has its preferred tools to address specific data needs and goals. In order to bring everyone together to find, share, and use data more effectively, you need to know what tools they use today.
What is data governance?
Explore data.world's open data
We are a Public Benefit Corporation.
Most corporations are required to prioritize shareholder returns above all else. Not us. We are legally structured as a Public Benefit Corporation so we can pursue our mission and shareholder value with equal vigor. This ability is rare, powerful, and sustaining.